An intensive one-day workshop with Rethink Press founders Lucy McCarraher and Joe Gregory
The best books begin with a perfect plan… This one day workshop will take the ideas in your head and provide you with a winning title, sub-title and detailed structure for your book
• First-time authors looking to structure their ideas
• Established authors tightening their concept
• Any author needing clarity on titles, positioning, messaging or content
Work 1:1 and in small groups with Joe and Lucy to:
• Define your book’s purpose: explore target readers, their central questions, your big promise, working title and sub-title, as well as your tone and core message
• Extract key content: work with our coaches to rapid brainstorm your core message and establish your book’s processes, strategies, models, tools, tips, stories, anecdotes and case studies
• Refine and sort content: review and sort your content into overarching categories then sections and chapters
• Formalise your structure: take your mapping and create a detailed book plan, including headings for all essential chapter components to ensure good flow and rhythm.
• A winning title, sub-title, vision for your book
• A detailed and robust book plan
• Clarity on your book’s purpose, target readers, big promise and positioning
PLUS: Working lunch with Shaa Wasmund MBE and Matt Thomas giving you direct feedback on your book idea and proposal
Lucy McCarraher - Managing Editor
Lucy McCarraher started her first publishing company while she was at university, and has been publishing, editing and writing ever since.
She has been a magazine and book editor, print and TV journalist in Australia; a writers’ agent and editor for Methuen in London; as Director of Development at Lifetime Productions International, she developed, script-wrote and edited UK and international TV series.
Lucy is the Publishing Mentor for the UK Key Person of Influence Programme and a work-life balance expert.
Her first novel, Blood and Water, was published by Macmillan New Writing.
Lucy’s self help books include A Simpler Life, The Real Secret, and How To Write Fiction Without The Fuss.
Joe Gregory - Managing Publisher
Joe Gregory has a background in advertising as a graphic designer and sales copywriter.
He started his first business in 1997 (aged 19) specialising in online marketing, branding and promotion, building it over five years to a 10-person consultancy.
In 2003, Joe co-wrote The Gorillas Want Bananas, sharing this Lean Marketing approach for getting more success by doing and spending less.
The success of this self-published book led to the creation of Bookshaker – an independent publishing business specialising in business and self-development books with a strong interest in Marketing, Influence, Sales and NLP.
Joe has written and published three of his own books and published around three hundred books by other authors. He oversees the design, production and publishing of Rethink Press.